1. Basic Literacy
2. General Education Degree (GED)
3. English As a Second Language (ESL)
How Are Tutors Matched with Students?
- Students are matched with their tutors, all community volunteers, via matching schedules, similar interests and the tutor’s education and/or experience as compared to the individual needs of the student.
How Do I Become a Tutor?
- Tutors need 12 hours of training prior to the first session with a student. No previous experience is required—giving of your time and “want to share a love of learning.
Where Do the Sessions Take Place?
- At various locations including Catholic Social Services, the library, the Jewish Community Center and the student’s place of employment.
What are the Learning Tools?
- The program uses various tools such as Voyager series (ESL), Laubach Way-to-Reading books, Challenger series, various videos, tapes and CD’s.